Monday, July 14, 2003

Torrence Marshall will be suspended for the first 4 games of the upcoming NFL season for violating the league's drug policy. Way to go Torrence! This guy was on the bubble to make the roster this year, I don't know how he managed to hang on last year with the attempt to change his position to fullback. I think this is the end of Marshall as a Packer, unless he manages to have a fantastic camp, which he hasn't been able to do the last two years. I'd expect the Packers to cut him early and give playing time to someone who can help all year long at linebacker. Its disappointing to me, because I thought Marshall looked like a steal as a 3rd rounder a couple of years ago and would give the Packers a good few years as a starting linebacker. The Packers kept Cletidus Hunt around when he was suspended for the first 4 games of the season for violating the drug policy, but Marshall has never shown the Packers the ability the Hunt has shown.

No comments: