Friday, March 28, 2014

McCarthy: "I'd like to have Matt (Flynn) back"

In an article recently published by NBC Sports' Curtis Crabtree, Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy was quoting say that he wants last year's backup QB, Matt Flynn, back.

“I'd like to have Matt back,” McCarthy said. “I thought Matt was a good addition to our football team. I have great respect and admiration for him, just being around him a lot on a positional basis. Yeah, I’m hoping financially it works out.”
So yea, it appears McCarthy has finally come to the logical conclusion here that, no matter how bad Flynn gets, the Packers have to sign him. I mean, it's him or Tolzein, isn't it?

1 comment:

Brandon said...

At this point, it's clear that Flynn and the Packers need each other. After their failed attempts at making something of Harrell and Coleman, then Vince Young, it's good to have Flynn around. I know McCarthy thinks Tolzein can be better, but they should keep Flynn around for at least one more year before they know whether they can really trust Tolzein.