Friday, February 01, 2013

Reed says Goodell 'needs more help at the fining process'

Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed said today that commissioner Roger Goodell "needs more help at the fining process." Reed's one of those guys who likes to make big hits, so this really isn't a huge surprise.

Here is the full statement:
"If you're just somebody who is upstairs just wearing a suit who is just fining people and stuff like that for the wrong things; we're policing the wrong things," Reed said. "I really don't know what to say about our commissioner, honestly. It's probably more him and his staff that came up with the things that we're being fined for. It's not just Mr. Goodell. I think he needs more help at the fining process and not just have do-boys that want to please you.

"That was my first impression of it so I decided I would stay as far away as possible, just stay away from the principal."

Reed then complained that he has been unfairly fined over the course of his career.

"The way they have fined me has been ridiculous honestly. .. I think I topped the charts."

No comments: