Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jenkins, Giants agree to three-year deal

Yesterday, I reported that free-agent DT Cullen Jenkins would return to Green Bay if it was his best opportunity. But now it appears that that hope is lost. According to the NFL Network, Jenkins has agreed to a three-year deal with the New York Giants worth $8 million, with $3 million guaranteed.

I feel like the Packers didn't really want this guy as much as we all thought. I think that if they really wanted him, they would've gotten him. Obviously, New York just wanted him more. I feel some sense of disappointment today, but there's still plenty of other guys on the market.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Based on the team's indifference to re-signing him back in 2011, I wasn't expecting the Packers to show interest this year. He's coming off two good seasons in Philadelphia, so his reduced value is due to the fact that he's two years older. I'm not sure how he got in their bad graces, but there does seem to be something the team isn't happy about with him.