Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Allen: "Just watch me play this year"

During his introductory news conference yesterday, recently-signed Bears DE Jared Allen expressed a lot of confidence going into the upcoming season.

"Just watch me play this year," Allen said. "I'm a full year off surgery on my shoulder. I want to believe in what I'm playing for and who I'm playing for, and that's why I'm here. I believe in the product they're putting on the field."

While I'm curious to see how this guy will do this fall, I'm still not convinced he'll make the Bears a legitimate threat in the NFC North. I mean, when your offense is terrible your defensive skills are pretty irrelevant, right?


Anonymous said...

My impression is that the offense is pretty good. It's the defense that is questionable. The question is how much gas left in the tank for Allen? I hope not much but it's hard to erase images of his swagger after big plays. I was beginning to lose a little intensity in disliking the Bears. I'm sure Allen will stir it up.

Brandon said...

Good point. It's really easy to dislike Jared Allen. I haven't been trolling any Viking sites to find out what they think, but what's it going to be like watching Allen play against the Vikings next season for the Bears?