Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Packers finally re-sign Matt Flynn

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Packers have finally re-signed Free Agent QB Matt Flynn. Last season, Flynn was the only decent backup the Pack had, going 2-2 in 4 starts with two one-point wins over the Falcons and Cowboys. 

Now overall, I wouldn't say Flynn's a great player, but still, in the end he does fit well in Green Bay. I mean, I still don't want him to have to play in a meaningful situation this season, but if Rodgers goes down I guess I'd rather him come in than Tolzein. That's not saying much, but hey, it's a fact, isn't it? Right now, whether we like it or not, Flynn's the lesser evil, so I guess the team might as well keep him on the roster for another year. 

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I guess that rumored interest by the Giants was the last remaining non-Packer option available to him. I can't blame him for looking for a more enticing option than holding Aaron Rodgers's clipboard, but it wasn't going to happen.