Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finley still a Packer to HC Mike McCarthy

To most Packers fans, the days of Jermichael Finley are over.

The veteran Tight End, still rehabing from the horrific neck injury he suffered last season, agreed to a contract with the Seahawks earlier this offseason, yet had it revoked after failing his physical.

Due to that, many NFL enthusiasts have begun to assume that Finley will never play again, although Green Bay Head Coach Mike McCarthy doesn't appear to agree.

"In my mind, (Finley) is a Green Bay Packer hopefully and he is going through a tough medical situation," McCarthy told Sirius XM NFL Radio."To my understanding, he is doing everything and beyond to get ready and we will continue to watch that."

In my opinion, having a healthy #88 back this fall would be nice, although really, I don't think it's necessary. After Finley got hurt last year, Andrew Quarless played pretty well, and, considering that Richard Rodgers is also on the roster now, I don't see a reason to go into 2014 with our heads down. The team's fine. Finley or not, I have no doubt in my mind they'll win at least 12 games in the upcoming season, even though I probably shouldn't at this time of year.

No comments: