Friday, February 28, 2014

Packers LB Matthews doesn't think the NFL can eliminate players use of racial slurs

In a recent interview with Dan Patrick, Packers LB Clay Matthews gave his take, in my opinion a logical one, on the NFL's recent attempt to make using racial slurs on the field a 15-yard penalty.

“I think it’s used as a term of endearment between players, and I think it’s so much a part of pop culture and culture in general that it's going to be very hard to eliminate from the game," Matthews said.  “I think is more something that should come from the locker room, organization, and team leaders to remove it if they see fit."
In this case, I 100% agree with Matthews. Right now, whether we like it or not, the N-word is constantly being used by players of all races, so why try to eliminate it if you simply can't?

1 comment:

Brandon said...

It does seem like a rule that will lead to a few bad flags.