Saturday, May 18, 2013

Seahawks Irvin suspended four games for violating league's PED policy

Yesterday, the Seattle Seahawks announced that their second-year defensive end, Bruce Irvin, had been suspended four games without pay by the league for violating the NFL's PED policy. In the wake of the announcement, Irwin had this to say:

"I want to apologize to my teammates, coaches and Seahawks fans for making a mistake when I took a substance that is prohibited in the NFL without a medical exemption," Irvin said in a statement released by the team. "I am extremely disappointed in the poor judgment I showed and take full responsibility for my actions. I will not appeal the discipline and instead will focus my energy on preparing for the season so I can begin earning your trust and respect again. I look forward to contributing to the team the moment I return."

It's only four games, so it probably won't hurt them too much. But still, it's sad that a problem that we all thought was limited to baseball has stretched into the NFL. 

No comments: