Thursday, January 30, 2014

ESPN: Liaina signing doesn't mean Kuhn's gone

This week's signing of rookie FB Ina Liaina is not expected to affect any talks this offseason between the Packers and soon-to-be unrestricted free agent John Kuhn, ESPN reports. As I said yesterday, Liaina has no real NFL experience, so it's likely that he's just being brought in as a backup, not an every week starter. 

Still, it is possible that the Pack may look to sign another FB this offseason, so Kuhn's return is definitely not guaranteed. In my opinion, it's likely, but as of now, like a lot of other stuff with this team, it's just not guaranteed. 

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I don't think the signing means Kuhn's gone either. Liaina is a long shot under any circumstances. I had thought Kuhn was unlikely to re-sign but he's been so consistent over the past few seasons that I don't see why they wouldn't want to bring him back for the same money.

Jack Niemuth said...

I think the Packers think Liaina will make the team. If they didn't, he wouldn't be on a two-year deal right now