Monday, January 06, 2014

Reaction: Packers season ends with last second loss to 49ers

Well, you know what happened. The Packers were down 13-10 at halftime, they took the lead early in the fourth quarter, and then they blew it. The 49ers kicked a 33 yard field goal as time expired, and just like that all the hype about this team ended. But hey, they played pretty well, didn't they? I mean, the first quarter really screwed them over, but after that they were pretty good. Rodgers had a few nice scrambles, Lacy converted a bunch of first downs, and the defense made a few stops. They lost, but they lost in an effort-filled way. So yea, I'm not mad that they came up short. Sometimes you just don't win. 

2 comments:

Brandon said...

They did match the effort of a superior team and I'm not mad at them either, but they were so close. I'd have liked to have seen if Rodgers could have put together a streak to carried them to the Super Bowl.

PackFaninFl said...

You two guys nailed my thoughts exactly. The effort was great and this team really is SO close. SO many injuries,including Neal and Shields early on in the game.

And those first 3 possessions represented seriously huge missed opportunities. We probably had 10 possession total? That first quarter was basically wasted.

If San Francisco is the most complete team in football, then I feel good about this franchise going forward.

Just for a minute there, when we took that 17-13 lead and it looked like Lacy and Starks were imposing their will and "Rodgers was being Rodgers", I thought we were in control of the game. But the Niners fought back. Kudos to them.

I've gone my chin up! Proud of these guys.