Saturday, January 18, 2014

Packers OLB Coach Greene leaving team

Packers Outside LineBackers Coach Kevin Greene, in order to spend more time with his family, has decided to leave the team, the Packers Official Blog reports. According to Greene, he plans to return to the league when his kids go to college, although he did not say when that will be. 

Anyway, I don't think that will matter much in the end, as either way, it's likely that we've seen the last of Greene in Green Bay. So yea, I guess all I can say is: good bye Kevin. Your long hair, at least by me, will definitely be missed. 

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I'm surprised because I thought Greene was a coach on the rise. Unfortunately the reason of needing to spend more time with one's family is often viewed as something to distract from the real reason for his leaving. Though I have no inside knowledge that this is the case with him.

The development of the non-Clay Matthews outside LBs has been poor. Nick Perry arguably took a step back, and neither Andy Mulumba or Nate Palmer look like a future starter. Mike Neal wasn't a great conversion story but he wasn't a disaster either. Other development projects in recent years (Vic So'oto, Frank Zombo, Dezman Moses) haven't worked out either. Mike McCarthy hasn't yet announced whether all of his assistants will be back next year but I do have to wonder if Greene saw the writing on the wall.