Thursday, July 11, 2013

Packers Matthews ready to lead

In an article published recently in the Milwaukee JS, Packers LB Clay Matthews talked about how he is ready to lead the team's defense this season. 

"I think it's just the natural progression with leadership on this team," Matthews said. "Obviously the more comfortable I am in the scheme, which I very much am, the longer I'm here, the more tenured I am, the more I have to take that leadership opportunity. In light of what has happened in the off-season with Charles Woodson departing, the new contract shows trust in my leadership and ability on the field. So you're going to see that, especially in light of the last few years for our defense. We're trying to turn it around and get this thing back to where we were when we had the Super Bowl run."

I hope this guy's right. From what I've read, he's done a lot to help out the young guys this offseason. I think he'll be an improvement on Charles Woodson this fall. 

No comments: