Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yep, more Greg Jennings stuff

Now that I've calmed down from what I would consider a lengthy "rant" yesterday, I feel like I have to talk about the way Greg Jennings is now trying to defend himself. In an article posted on Bleacher Report tonight (I still consider this tonight but I am writing this past midnight), Jennings tried the classic, "don't get me wrong" defense. Enjoy it. 

"Don’t get me wrong, "12" is a great person. But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it’s hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says, "Man, come on, you’ve got to hold yourself accountable for this. It’s hard for someone to see that now because all they’ve heard is I’m doing it the right way, I’m perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws."

Really Greg, really. Do you seriously thinks that there's a single Packers fan out there who hasn't ever gotten mad at Rodgers. Hell, I get frustrated whenever anybody makes a mistake. I don't view him as perfect. The only kinda person who would view him as perfect would be the annoying housewife who goes to the game just because her husband's a die hard fan and screams for all four quarters. Or, it could be one of those "I bet he's trying his hardest out there" guys who you can't stand sitting next to throughout any sporting event. Basically what I'm trying to say is, NO REAL FAN EVER HAS THOUGHT OF AN ATHLETE AS PERFECT. When Rodgers fell apart in the divisional playoff a few years ago, I got pretty mad. So this defense won't work. I highly doubt that Rodgers is as cocky as Jennings is portraying him. All Greg is doing here is trying to demonize a former teammate for God knows why. So again I'll say, shut up Jennings before you make me hate you more. I'm out. 

No comments: