Monday, September 02, 2013

2013 Online Picks and a look back at the preseason

Finally, the NFL regular season is nearly upon us. This offseason was a long, dull one, but you know what they say, it’s always darkest before the dawn. Anyway, this year’s preseason was a waste of a month, as the Packers dropped three/four games while getting blown out in two of them. Now I never expect the preseason to be something that makes a boring day memorable, but this one was pepper spray to the eyes. Every backup QB that played looked like they were trying to lose. I could go deeper into this, but it was just preseason. If you’re gonna play awful anytime in the year, it might as well be when baseball’s still on.

Anyway, this year I predict the Packers will go 11-5 on football online picks. The five games I think they’ll lose are their road games against the 49ers, the Ravens, the Vikings, the Giants, and the Lions. If you’d like to hear from actual experts on this subject, click here. But if for some odd reason you’d still like to hear from me, I’ll tell you that I don’t really think the Packers are that good this year. In the preseason, their running game was complete crap and too many receivers got hurt. Rodgers is really good but I’m not sure he’s superman anymore. Anyway, we’ll see if I’m wrong. But don’t be surprised if this team really falls apart away from Lambeau Field in 2013.  

No comments: