Sunday, September 29, 2013

Finley gives disturbing details about what having a concussion is like

In last week's loss to the Bengals, we all saw the frightening concussion Packers TE Jermichael Finley sustained. One second he had a catch, and then the next he was down. When he got up and attempted to walk, he was limping awkwardly before collapsing again. Just watching that was bad, but now we're hearing what happened from Finley's point of view, which is truly frightening. 

"I looked to the sideline, and all I saw was jerseys. I saw the yellow pants we wear, and I didn't see no head or legs. Everybody was decapitated, and my body was just on fire," Finley told Bleacher Report. 

The story to this goes on, but that should be all you need to hear to question whether or not America's love for football is still worth it. Either something has to change here or the game must go. Fines simply don't do the trick anymore. 

No comments: