Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Trent Williams Is Very Good At His Job

Earlier I gave some props to LT Trent Williams who, unfortunately, did a great job of shutting down LB Clay Matthews for much of the game. While he was frequently asked to drop back into coverage, three tackles, one tackle for a loss, and one QB hit is a fairly quiet day for the Claymaker.

I remembered watching a big Alfred Morris run in the first half and I was surprised at how badly the run defense broke down. Looking back at the video in slow motion, it wasn't so much that the scheme failed as it was that Williams destroyed DE Johnny Jolly. I'm a big fan of Jolly, his come back is a great story and he's earned the right to start again, but this was not a play to remember. To add injury to insult, I think this was when Jolly was injured.

No comments: