Monday, September 23, 2013

Matthews not worried about hamstring injury

After he sat out the entire second half in yesterday's heartbreaking loss to the Bengals, many people began to worry that Packers LB Clay Matthews may be seriously injured. But after the game, Matthews assured the media that there is nothing to worry about. 

“I’ll be good. I think today was more of a preventive measure than anything,” said Matthews, who missed four games last year due to his hamstring. “I felt like I could go back out there, but we have to be smart, especially going into a bye week. I don’t see myself missing any time. We have Detroit coming back and I’ll be out there.”

Let's hope he's right. 

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I don't know if I buy the story about it being a preventative measure. It's not like it was a preseason game or they were up 24-0 at half against the Jaguars at home.