Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Harbaugh: "Matthews has some repairing to do to his image"

I don't know what Jim Harbaugh has against the Packers, but he must have something wrong with him since every time anything happens he thinks the Packers must be guilty of doing something. And you won't believe what he's saying now. At this point last week, he was accusing the Packers of running a bounty program for not wanting to give up touchdowns, and now he's attacking their defense again. Apparently, in that brief brawl in the second quarter on Sunday, in which everybody was hitting everybody, Clay Matthews was slapping 49ers LT Joe Staley. Of course, nobody else but Harbaugh noticed this, but since he's noticed it I guess it must matter. 

“I could see two punches thrown to Joe’s head -- well, one punch and one open slap, which . . . if you’re going to go to the face, come with some knuckles. I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy. He’ll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap.”

Let me ask you something Harbaugh, why is it that nobody else cares that this happened? Name one player on your team who didn't punch, slap, of shove during those few seconds. It was a fight, what do you want them to do, hug each other? 

1 comment:

Brandon said...

He's sure giving the press a lot of stuff to write about. I've never seen a coach complain that another player didn't punch one of his players in the face.

I hope Jim has lots of fun in Seattle next Sunday night! I'm sure the 12th man will be greeting him with open arms.