Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Packers WR Jordy Nelson to play in San Francisco

According to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio, Packers WR Jordy Nelson will be available to play in this week's opener in San Francisco. Nelson has been questionable for this game for weeks now, but at least the decision that he's healthy enough has finally been made. 

"It's been easy to forget that Green Bay receiver Jordy Nelson had knee surgery in early August and missed the balance of training camp," Florio wrote. "He returned to practice last Monday, and a league source tells PFT that Nelson will be available to play in Week One at San Francisco."

This really is a sigh of relief for Packers fans. I still don't think the team will win this game, but at least now they have more of a chance. 


2 comments:

PackFaninFl said...

Yeah I'm with you. I almost feel like we are in a role reversal of sorts. From the 1990s and much of the 2000s we dominated the 49ers. Seems lately it has gone in the other direction. Kind of like the reverse of our rivalry with Dallas.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think San Fran has too much.

I see something like a 27-17 final, or maybe 27-21...

Jack Niemuth said...

Yea I could see a score that. It's not that the Packers are bad, it's that 49ers are too good.