Sunday, November 17, 2013

Favre: "I'd be leery of my son playing football"

In a recent interview with the Today Show, former Packers QB Brett Favre, who by some is considered the best quarterback of all time, was quoted saying that, if he had a son, he'd be "leery" of him playing football.

"I would be real leery of him playing football," Favre said. "In some respects, I'm almost glad I don't have a son because of the pressures he would face. Also the physical toll that it could possibly take on him, not to mention if he never made it, he's gonna be a failure in everyone's eyes. But more the physical toll that it could take."

I don't know about you guys, but this seems pretty big to me. Favre, whether you liked him or not, was one of the best players in NFL history. So for him to say that he might not let his son play the game is incredibly news-worthy. 

No comments: