Sunday, November 10, 2013

So, Why Seneca Wallace?

Usually GM Ted Thompson has nothing to say but when a reporter like Tom Pelissero gets him to open up he has some interesting things to say. He doesn't say anything bad about anybody, in this interview he takes the blame for when talking about things (like the backup QB position) that haven't worked out. Most of the interview is about where he's been and where he's going in the future, but one question was about why QB Seneca Wallace is the backup before his first start of the season:

Q. So, why Seneca Wallace?
A. I had a pretty good comfort level with him. I was in Seattle when we drafted him out there. I know the kind of person and I know his football intelligence. I know he's got good mobility, has confidence as a player.

No comments: