Friday, November 08, 2013

Packers planning to work out former backup QB Matt Flynn

According to the NFL Network, the Packers are planning on working out their former backup QB, Matt Flynn, sometime soon. Flynn last played for the Pack in 2011, when he threw for 480 yards and 6 TD passes in a 45-41 win over the Detroit Lions. 

Despite this somewhat intriguing news, this workout likely won't go anywhere. Flynn recently passed through waivers, so if Green Bay actually wanted him they would've gotten him by now. Still, you never know. Maybe the workout goes great and Flynn gets an offer after all. That probably won't happen, but it's still fun to imagine. 

3 comments:

PackFaninFl said...

At first they didn't want Flynn....why the sudden change of heart?

Something tells me Seneca Wallace has not looked that great in practice. And Tolzien is still very much a project.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's my hunch.

Stroh said...

From what I've heard Flynn has some elbow issue (tendonitis?). I'm guessing the Packers want to see if that is clearing up or still an issue. If its bothering him now they won't sign him now, but maybe they bring him back as Rodgers backup next year assuming the elbow issue clears up. I have to think at this point Flynn would be happy to return to GB as a backup. He could be like Pederson who left for a year or 2 then returned as Favre's backup once again.

Brandon said...

I'm happy to see him return. And just like Pederson, I hope Flynn isn't needed to actually play in the game.