Friday, August 02, 2013

Davon House practices for first time this summer

Yesterday, Packers CB Davon House practiced for the first time on a football field since injuring his shoulder in last year's preseason opener. 

“I’m getting there. With my shoulder, it felt 100 percent. With what I have (being sick), it’s getting there. I’d say I’m 85, 90 (percent),” said House, who got some first-team reps in his first practice because starting cornerback Tramon Williams (knee) and No. 3 CB Casey Hayward (hamstring) are out indefinitely. “With what I have and what I did, I’m impressed with myself. I look forward to being 100 percent. It’s going to be a great year.”

I'm really excited for House's return next week when the Packers host the Cardinals in their preseason opener. He'll probably play and when he does I'll be watching to see how he does. 

2 comments:

Brandon said...

One thing after another for him, he had some bad fish at a restaurant last weekend that kept him out with food poisoning this week. Obviously it's not a long-term problem, he's over it now, but the key for him in 2013 is to stay healthy all season.

Stroh said...

Love Davon House. I targeted him prior to the draft as a terrific pick for the Packers, as early as the 2nd. Getting him in the 4th was great value. Like Brandon said, it just depends on his health. If he's healthy he is gonna be a great CB.