Saturday, August 10, 2013

Why NFL Network preseason reruns are not worth watching

Tonight, I stupidly decided to stay up late to watch the Packers preseason rerun on NFL Network. Now the game didn't re-air until midnight CT, meaning that I would have to stay up practically all night to watch each quarter. Now since it was a weekend, I thought that I might as well do it. I thought it would be fun. But due to NFL Network's apparent lack of common sense, the game was spoiled just as I watched Mason Crosby kick off.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think you should show scores and stats of a game that has gone final just as the game is starting. I mean, what's the point of airing it if your just gonna spoil it for the viewer immediately? In case you don't know what I'm saying, the NFLN bottom line showed the Cardinals-Packers scores and stats just as the first quarter began. So now here I am, instead of writing an insightful post-game later after staying up all night and watching every play, you'll get to here me complain about how my night's ruined. I would love to go to sleep right now, but I'm wide awake after drinking caffeine all throughout the day. So, to NFL Network, thanks a lot. I wanna still watch the game, but I know what's gonna happen. So obviously it won't be interesting. By the way(spoiler ahead), the Packers lost 17-0. What you should take from this: just check the score as the game's happening if you don't live in the State of Wisconsin. 

No comments: